I have designed and delivered interactive workshops in settings that include the workplace, higher education, and teaching and development. I currently work with MHFA England as a plenary speaker, where I design and deliver interactive workshops for adults on the 2-day mental health first aid courses. Previously I worked at the London School of Economics (LSE) on projects that involved student engagement. I have also worked with sixth-form colleges on outreach programmes for their students.
As such, I can offer to design bespoke workshops that best suit the needs of your school, workplace or other organisation. Key subject areas include:
- What is mental health? From signs and symptoms of mental health to what not to say.
- The role of social media and technology, including the impact on young people.
- Anxiety and depression
- Eating disorders
- Managing your mental health in the workplace
- Disclosure, reasonable adjustments and your legal rights
- Mental health in young people
- Mental health at university and in higher education
Below are examples of some recent events and workshops:
Plenary Speaker for Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England
Speaker at Seminar in the House of Commons: “Children, Young People and Mental Health: Communicating in an Online World”.
Designed and developed interactive workshops for LSE students
Speaker at MQ’s Annual Science Meeting 2016
Co-host for “OK to ask hour” – a Twitter event hosted by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR)
13th May 2015
CRN: Mental Health National Scientific Meeting
25th – 27th Febuary 2015
Young People ReThinking Mental Health Research event (Link)